NB: All applications for civil status documents either by fax or email should be forward directly only the the Central Civil Status Office. Foreign applicants need to provide a satisfactory proof of identity. In the absence of same, the Civil Status Division reserves the right not to process the request.
2) Foreign applicants can also authorise a person residing in Mauritius to collect the requested document.
However, the names and surname of the proxy will have to be communicated to this office in advance and the respective form should be filled accordingly by the applicant.
3) For foreign applicants who have no proxy in Mauritius, payment for postage fees is as follows:
|No. of Documents
||8 (4+4 Bank Charges)
||10 (3+7 Bank Charges)|
||9 (5+4 Bank Charges)
||11 (4+7 Bank Charges)|
||10 (6+4 Bank Charges)
||12 (5+7 Bank Charges)|
||11 (7+4 Bank Charges)
||13 (6+7 Bank Charges)|
||12 (8+4 Bank Charges)
||14 (7+7 Bank Charges)|
||13 (9+4 Bank Charges)
||15 (8+7 Bank Charges)|
||14 (10+4 Bank Charges)
||16 (9+7 Bank Charges)|
||15 (11+4 Bank Charges)
||17 (10+7 Bank Charges)|
||16 (12+4 Bank Charges)
||18 (11+7 Bank Charges)|
NB: Where the document(s) requested by the applicant is/are to be apostilled, an additional fee of 3 Euros per document for citizens of Mauritius and 13 Euros per document for non-citizens should be added to the fee listed in the above table. For payments in Pound Sterling, the applicant should liaise with this office.
4) Cheques should be drawn to the order of the Government of Mauritius and be payable in Mauritius.
5) If payment is made through bank transfer, this office should be immediately notified upon completion of the transaction and a proof/copy of the transaction should be sent by mail on email@example.com or by post on the above address (1c). Corresponding bank details are hereby annexed.
6) Time taken for clearance of Cheques and bank transfer is as follows:-
|| 6 – 8 Weeks|
||On receipt by Accountant –General from Bank of Mauritius|
7) For additional information, foreign applicants can contact this office by e-mail or by calling on +2302012279 or +2302011207.
Exchange rate : All transactions concerning postal orders must be done taking into consideration
the exchange rate.
8) Notification/Registration of marriages, death or divorce of Mauritian Citizens abroad