Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Civil Status Division
Civil Status Division>Registration>Residence Permit Wedding

Residence Permit Wedding

2 Foreigners with work/residence permit
2 foreigners where only 1 of them has a work/residence permit

1. Documents to submit

a) Passport copies of both parties (1st 3 pages and pages where Mauritian  Immigration Office has stamped;

b) Birth certificates (duly translated in English/French);

c) Any other documents relating to divorce, widow/widower or change of    name;

d) Valid residence or work permits; and

e) Letter to state intention to marry in Mauritius + contact numbers.


2. You should note that if you are French citizens, you need to contact the French embassy in Mauritius concerning other formalities on telephone number:(230) 202 0100.

3. After 1 week you will be contacted by this office to collect a letter at the Central Civil Status Office authorising you to proceed with the publication of marriage banns.

4. The intending spouses should call in person at the civil status office with authorization letter and all original documents whose date of issue shall not be more than 3 months for the publication of marriage banns.

5. The marriage is celebrated in the office or in any private premises by the civil status officer of the locality where the parties will reside after a publication of 10 days.

6. As regards fees for wedding held in the office, no payment is required. If it is celebrated in the hotel or any private premises a payment of Rs 5,000 should be made.

7. It is understood that a means of conveyance if so requested by the officer of the Civil Status Division performing such marriage should be provided to and from the private premises.

8. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to phone this office on (230) 201 1727 or (230) 201 2279.​